In order to service your Customer's properties, you first need to set up your Customer in FireMate.
A Customer represents the business in which you engage to provide maintenance services.
A Customer is then set up with one or more Contracts that relate to the Properties being serviced.
Customers are then invoiced for services rendered.
Creating a New Customer
1. You can add a new Customer via the Create menu or through the Customers screen.
2. You will then be prompted to enter some information about your Customer. Each Customer should have a unique Name, a Type and a Status.
3. Select 'Complete' to create the new Customer in your system.
4. When the Customer is created you will be taken to the Customer screen where additional information can be added.
Changing the Details of a Customer
1. From within the Customer screen, you can edit the details of the Customer by selecting the 'Customer Details' option from the Menu and then selecting 'Edit Customer Details'.
2. When you're finished changing the details of the Customer, make sure you select 'Save Customer Details' to save your changes.
Adding a Contact to a Customer
Contacts represent the people who represent your Customer. They are often addressed in Invoicing and Quotes and receive asset-related reports.
1. To add a Contact to your Customer, select the 'Contacts' menu item on the left and then select 'Add Contact'.
2. You can add a new Contact by filling out the form and selecting 'Save' or choose an existing Contact you may have already added previously in your system.
Adding an Address to a Customer
Multiple addresses can be added to a Customer. An Address can be defined as a Billing Address, a Physical Address or a Postal Address.
1. To add an Address, select the 'Addresses' menu item and then select 'Add Address'.
2. Fill out the details of the Address and select 'Save' to add the Address to your Customer.
Adding a Contract to a Customer
One or more Contracts can be added to a Customer. A Contract defines the agreed services that will be provided to your Customer for the associated Properties.
1. To add a Contract to a Customer, select the 'Contracts' option from the menu then select 'Add Contract' where you will be prompted to enter some intial Contract detail
2. Select 'Complete' once you have filled out the initial Contract to finish creating the new Contract for your Customer.
3. At this point you will be redirected to the Contract screen where you can add additional information regarding your Contract .
Quotes, Invoicing and Delivery Settings
Only applies to systems with more than one Business Entity
When setting up a Customer you can define the settings around Quotes, Invoicing and the Delivery of service work to your Customer.
These settings a primarily used when you run two or more Trading companies (Business Entities) within your business.
Invoices can be sent on behalf of one of your Trading companies but then have the work completed by another. This then helps in keeping track of revenue for each business and ensure your Customer is quoted and invoiced from the company you engaged the Customer with.
1. To change any of these settings select 'Edit'
2. Then to save your changes select 'Save'.
Adding Notes to a Customer
Notes can be added to a Customer which is used used to communicate to Users when viewing information relating to the Customer.
A note can be defined as either Passive, Coordinator or Technician Note
A Passive note is simply stored for informational purposes.
An example of a passive note is a phone conversation the user had with the Contact or when a Contract should be renewed or increased.
When a Coordinator note is added to the Customer, all associated RA's, SR's, Jobs and Quotes will display the note to all Users.
An example of a Coordinator note is "all invoices require a Purchase Order Number " or "Please send all Quotes to Fred Flinstone".
A Coordinator Note works via a hierarchy. When a note is added to a Customer level, it will appear for all Contracts and Properties within that Customer. If it is a Property specific note, the note should be added to the Property only.
When a Technician Note is added to the Customer, the note will display on the mobile device for the technician to see when they open an RA, SR or the Property details.
An example of a Technician note is "Please see the manager on arrival".
A Technician Note works via a hierarchy. When a note is added to a Customer level, it will appear for all Contracts and Properties within that Customer. If it is a Property specific note, the note should be added to the Property only.
1. To add a new Note to a Customer select the 'Notes' option on the menu. Then select 'Add Note'
2. Select the Type that the Note is, then enter the Note Details and if the Note is not defined with a Type of 'Passive' set the Start and Expiry dates. The Start and Expiry dates are used to control what period the Note will display.
Tip: If you leave the Expiry Date empty the note will always display
3. To save your Note select 'Save'.
Adding Attachments to a Customer
Files can be attached against a Customer for later reference. These can be of any type and size.
1. To attach a file to the Customer, select 'Attachments' from the menu and select 'Add Attachment'
2. Set the 'Type' of file you are uploading. The Type can be one of the following:
|General Document||Used for categorising any file which does not fall into one of the categories below|
|Contract Document||Used to categorise a file relating to a Contract|
|External Attachment||Used to categorise a file that was sent from an external party|
|Fire Safety Statement||Used to categorise a file which is a Fire Safety Statement|
3. Select 'Browse' to locate the File(s) you wish to upload and attach to the Customer. If it's easier, you can also drag and drop the file from your desktop.
4. Select 'Save' to save the files uploaded as attachments on the Customer
5. Once the files are uploaded you can download them by selecting the File attachment name on the screen
Customer Settings - Invoice Settings
For each Customer, you can set how the Invoice Due date is calculated on Invoices as well as whether the Customer can be set as Tax Exempt when being quoted and invoiced.
The Invoice Due date can be set to one of the following options:
|Use System Default||Uses the System Settings defined value set within the System Settings screen|
|After This Many Days||The invoice Due Date will be set to this many days after the Invoice is created.|
|This Many Days from End of Month||The invoice Due Date will be set to this many days after the end of the month the Invoice is created.|
Select [Edit Customer Details] to change the settings.
When you set the Invoice Due to being either [After This Many Days] or [This Many Days from End of Month] a textbox will appear to allow you to set the number of days accordingly.
Select [Save Customer Details] to save.
Customer Settings - Notice Settings
For each Customer, you can set the number of days an Entry Notice and Key Pickup Requests should be automatically emailed to Contacts prior to the RA/SR Scheduled Date/Time.
Select [Edit Notice Settings] and then enter the number of days the emails should be set prior to the RA/SR Scheduled Date/Time.
Select [Save Notice Settings] to then save the Notice Settings.